Thursday, August 13, 2015

Letter_Week 24_Yakima/Moses Lake_Sister Karony & Yakima Ward


So it's been announced! I am transferring from Yakima to Moses Lake this Wednesday! I will be covering two wards there! Good bye not-AS-busy-with-meetings Sundays, and hello running-around-like-a-chicken-with-it's-head-cut-off-that-doesn't-get-the-dignity-of-dying! 
After coordinating 35 different member companions and 4 missionary companions these past 6 weeks, this will be a breeze in it's own way! My new companion is Sister Crofts. Sister Lewis, President Lewis' wife, said "it's Kraft's Macaroni and Cheese!" Hahahahaha! I love her! Sister Crofts came out the transfer after I did this second time. She is taller than me, which will be a nice change since I've been the tallest Sister for a while now. We'll definitely be a presence! 
So I'll be the senior companion and the designated driver. 6 months no driving, I'm saying prayers! Luckily my new area is very rural, so a great place to get back in the swing of it! And I'll learn the area faster! YAY! Elder Tiwi and I are totally gonna be besties! I just started knowing Yakima really well, a total clue that it's time to leave. There's no growth in the comfort zone! And I'd be WAY TOO comfortable if I were to stay here after this last crazy transfer.
The Holy Ghost was totally the best Senior companion ever though and who doesn't want a member of the Godhead as their companion? Everyone should, cuz you can't do anything in this work without Him! He's the true teacher!

-I felt triumphant this Sunday our congregation performed an arrangement "Called to Serve" where Returned Missionaries sang lines in their different mission languages and then we all stood up in the congregation to sing it all together. The mix of languages singing brought chills down my spine as I felt the Spirit testify that the work I'd been called to do in this ward had been done and that I had been the instrument to spark the bonfire of member missionary work that I was currently witnessing being set ablaze. 
President and Sister Lewis came to Sacrament meeting yesterday to be there for it. It was a jam-packed spiritual missionary-minded Sunday. Twin brothers leaving for their missions this next week gave their departing testimonies and at the end of that President and Sister Lewis bore their testimonies as well. President Lewis mentioned how much I bragged about the Ward and it was funny to watch how in sync, him and the whole congregation turned to look at me. I just grinned and shrugged. It was hilarious! 
I also feel triumphant as I have two people on date for baptism in August though, and soon there'll be another person on date for hopefully late August. I know I've made a difference, but only because God gave me the strength and guidance to do it and gave me this opportunity to do it. He's the reason I did it, all glory is God's! I am totally with Ammon when he answers his brother Aaron's rebuke for boasting and say, "do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joyand will rejoice in my God.
Yea, know that am nothingas to my strength am weak; therefore will not boast of myself, but will boast of my God, for in His strength I can do all thingsyea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise His name forever.
-The above scripture is also my favorite one for this week, Alma 26:11-12. 
-My testimony grew in the fact that the Lord qualifies those whom He calls. I am living proof!

-Sister Karony-isms galore once again! 

Love,
Sister Karony

Inline image 5
​Hermana Johnson couldn't take it anymore and cleaned out my bag for me... :) It's much lighter now! ​

Inline image 1
​Such an awesome family who helped me a ton! THIS Sister is the best!​

Inline image 2
​My YakiFamily! I'm their last missionary! Lived with them for 4 1/2 months. I'm going to miss them! And yes, they have 2 sets of twins!

No comments:

Post a Comment