Thursday, August 13, 2015

Letter_Week 18_Yakima Mission_Sister Karony


Yo, where to start...

I am now going to be a Washington Yakima Mission Sister Missionary. WYM as of July 1st! 
Everyone in our district area is staying except for the other Hermana in the other Sisters' companionship. I cried, and will a few more times, for sure. We also moved out of our current home and into an apartment with a set of Spanish Sisters this Saturday. I cried then too. That place became home to me and I'm going to miss living with such an awesome family! I'm glad I get to stay here for another transfer though, so that way it's not totally good bye :).

-I sang  "Lead, Kindly Light" in my Ward yesterday and it's the best I've ever sung, EVER! The Spirit was strong and the notes just came. I was amazed and grateful that it went so well, I wanted the Spirit to be there more than anything else, and my prayers were answered. I'm grateful my talent gives me opportunities to serve others and to share my testimony. 
-I felt heartbroken when the transfer calls came and I found out that I'm staying in the new mission. It's bittersweet really. I love the people I'm teaching and the members, and I'd cry to leave them too, but I don't want to say good bye to President and Sister Ware. But, "I'll go where You want me to go, dear Lord, o're mountain, by plane, or sea. I'll say what You want me to say, dear Lord. I'll be what You want me to be." That will never change. 
I worked so hard to come back on my mission, clung to even the tiniest thread of hope, and now... but the Lord wanted me here in this new mission at this time for a reason. And it's comforting to know that God ALWAYS has a good reason.  
-I'm still going to cry a bit, but I'm not any less determined to keep moving forward. I'll never give up! 
-I felt triumphant when the Lord provided and we got our list for rides almost completely filled, and also the meal calendar was almost fully booked; and also when we found a member home to do our laundry at today. The members are really helping us! Love them! 
-My testimony has been strengthened in the promise the Lord's given that He will always take care of His servants. The way we have received everything we've needed is proof of that and a strong witness to me of the truth.
-My sister Karony-ism for this week is that my spirit animal is a flying squirrel. Hermana Williams approves. Also, we have dubbed the people of Yakima as "Yakimites". I LOVE YAKIMA!!!!! 
-My favorite scripture this week is Helaman 5:18-19. We're memorizing it for this tranfer together: 
"And it came to pass that Williams and Karony did preach unto the Yakimites with such great power and authority, for they had power and authority given unto them that they might speak, and they also had what they should speak given unto them-- Therefore they did speak unto the great astonishment of the Yakimites..."

​​I love you all! If there's ever been a hard work worth doing, it's definitely the work of God!!! 
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY POPSICLE!!! I LOVE YOU!!!! You're awesome-sauce pops!

Love,
Sister Karony
Inline image 2
​Downtown Yakima has the tower of Terror!!!!

Inline image 4
HOT!!! This is only what the car recorded! It got even hotter on the days we walked!

No comments:

Post a Comment