Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Letter_Week 06_Yakima_Sister Karony

This week has been a week of patience and long-suffering and walking by faith and the direction of the Spirit. I hardly know where to start my letter.

-So many things have happened. I'm combining triumph and disappointment; because I won't be discouraged. The word "discouraged" to me has the connotation of losing faith and not trusting God, or wanting to give up. As long as everyone's clear that I am NEVER giving up, I'll be okay with using that word. (Excuse my rambling, it's been a long week.)  One of our investigators missed his scheduled baptism date.  He had taken ill and was unable to make it to the Chapel on his special day. After much prayer and legwork, we got a hold of him and were able to see that he was ok, recovering, and able to reset his baptism date.  One of our other investigators buoyed me up during this time--I so love my mission and the people I am able to serve and learn from.  I know the Lord is teaching me patience and long-suffering and to trust in Him.  I love our investigators and would walk a marathon for any and all of them.

~Fun fact is that one of our investigators is related to King Richard the Lionheart, and very proud of it. It's funny though because I'm descendant of Prince John! I told him that and he brightened right up. I call him "Cuz"(cousin) now and he just shakes his head. I come back with we're all children of God. We invited him to stake conference. He came to the session that evening, AND the one on Sunday. He was the only investigator we ended having come to that. He has been an enormous blessing. We have other investigators who are having people come out of the woodwork, unsurprisingly, giving them anti-mormon rhetoric, so they didn't come to stake conference like we'd hoped. This week we've encountered a lot of opposition. But we've persevered and not given up. 

Sister Hunt is being transferred to Kennewick, and I'm staying in Yakima! I'm so excited! I'll miss her, but we both know this is the Lord's work and we're needed wherever He sends us. My new companion is going to be amazed at the amount of work we have here, we have 3 people on date for baptism, and that'll be 4 once we put our other investigator back on date again. Talk about an area being on fire! 

All the events of this week have strengthened my testimony that this is the Lord's work, He takes care of all His children, and that faith will see us through ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING!!! I feel at peace with the efforts I'm putting forth and my progress. I feel the spirit confirm that my Heavenly Father is pleased with what I'm doing; and that's all that matters to me. I'm so grateful for the Gift of the Holy Ghost! Throughout this week I have learned A LOT and felt A LOT of emotions, but I know that God has a plan and we can trust in Him.

My favorite Scripture this week is Ether 4:10-19.

Remember to feast on the scriptures so that you can invite angels to surround you and your loved ones. 
The Church is true, the book is blue, and Moroni's on the ball!

Love,
Sister Karony
Inline image 4
THANK YOU FOR THE MENTOS!!!

Inline image 5
Last day of service at Northwest Harvest all together with Sister Toomer, who is going home, and Sister Hunt, who's transferring to Kennewick! You're awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment