Sunday, February 14, 2016

Letter Week_52_Sister Karony_Selah

I can't believe that in 2 days I've been gone a year!??!!!! Cool, but bittersweet. By the way, Happy ALMOST-50th Birthday, Popsicle! And congratulations Braden! Have fun jumping out of airplanes now! Make sure you grab the "good" parachute! ;P
Take a non blurry picture of Ducky in her devil wings, if you can? After all, she moves so much! Also, could you take a picture of the missionary plaque case so I can see where my plaque is? I'll be praying for Tenille, give her my love! also tell the little'ins that I saw HI and give them big hugs for me. I'm so glad they remember me!

Below is this week's email from President and Sister Lewis:

"Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ is not something ethereal, floating loosely in the air. Faith does not fall upon us by chance or stay with us by birthright. It is, as the scriptures say, “substance … , the evidence of things not seen.” Faith emits a spiritual light, and that light is discernible. Faith in Jesus Christ is a gift from heaven that comes as we choose to believe and as we seek it and hold on to it. Your faith is either growing stronger or becoming weaker. Faith is a principle of power, important not only in this life but also in our progression beyond the veil. By the grace of Christ, we will one day be saved through faith on His name. The future of your faith is not by chance, but by choice.
--Elder Neil L. Andersen, Oct 2015 General Conference

CHOOSE FAITH, ELDER & SISTERS!

We love you,
Pres. & Sis. Lewis"

I love them so much! Choose faith! That's my motto for these last weeks.

This week we worked hard, but encountered a lot of opposition. All but one of our planned member presents fell through, (I'm so grateful we had one!) and most of the people were less than receptive. But that's OK, because we still met some amazing people! One of them was an older gentleman we met while he was out walking, and he told us to stop by another time to share more of our message with him. If we hadn't been out tracting and following the Spirit about where to go, we never would've run into him at all. I'm grateful we were listening! He was super open from the get go and even asked where church was. The moment we met him both Sister Smith and I felt strongly impressed that he had the potential to be golden. We're really excited for the future!

I myself have been struggling a bit with going home. I'm not trunky, more panicky than anything actually. However, doing "My Plan" has helped me lower my stress and anxiety levels about it. I am also blessed to have a companion who is super good at "finishing off" missionaries "painlessly". Sister Smith is helping me figure this all out and staying focused and not getting overwhelmed. I'm taking it one day at a time. I'll probably be asking for a blessing here again soon to help as well. Overall we had a good week and we've learned a lot about being the instruments of the Holy Ghost and how to be more patient.

I will never give up, EVER!

My ponderizer for this week is Mormon 7:4. Yesterday I asked God what I needed to focus on right now to become a better servant, and He led me to the topic of becoming a peacemaker. I'm studying that topic now and luckily Sister Smith's family has been all about peacemaking her entire life, so I've got her as a resource as well. God answers when you ask Him what to work on next. Though until I acted on this answer it was super random to me. Makes sense now though!

Sister Karony-ism for the week: There's a missionary saying "Go big and go home bigger", but I am failing at the "go home bigger" part... So I've been trying to gain weight by eating carb0-tastically cheep with some veggies still of course. I feel ripped off! I think I might be getting some pounds, but then, whenever I see her, Sister Lewis is constantly asking if I've lost weight and feels my ribs.... ;P hope this gets you to laugh!

I love being a missionary!

Love,
Sister Karony


"You see us rollin'!... White and nerdy!" We got bikes! Wahoo! 


Punctuation is important, cuz otherwise it sounds like your trying to support children voting... funny! Just think of the resulting chaos that would happen!


Every missionary's internal facial expression when people don't keep their commitments and/or appointments



We got more cows than people out here!!!!!  And horses!

No comments:

Post a Comment