Thursday, February 4, 2016

Letter Week_48_Sister Karony_Selah

We survived the transfer calls this week, so none of the 4 Sisters in our apartment are moving on Wednesday. I'm so grateful the Lord has chosen to let me stay here to finish out my mission. I couldn't have asked for a more amazing ward or companion!

So a lot has happened this transfer, this week! Amongst all of this, I have learned so much about being kind, charitable, and listening from Sister Smith.

We resolved the situation with one of our investigators this week and teaching them is back on track! It's awesome not being able to runaway from your problems and challenges!

Something else really amazing happened though over the course of this past week. I have been thinking about Sister.  A few days ago I had felt like something was off.  Shortly after that, we got the transfer call. I heard that Sister Danger was going home because of her mom, it all clicked into place. The witness of the Holy Ghost is stronger than anything, after all. I have peace about it and I'm praying for Sister Danger and her mom every day. I'm so grateful for all that she taught me. If anything, she'll be back out some time.

Crazy cool stuff isn't it? Heavenly Father truly is in every detail of our lives.  Also, had apartment inspections this past Friday by Elder and Sister McBean, and gave Elder McBean Papa Charlie's address so he can write him. He was so excited. He said if Omie didn't already have it, he would give me Margie's number so I could give it to her, so they could reconnect. The world is so small!

We both feel so strongly that we're going to have a baptism this month and I received the prompting that doing this will help us achieve that goal. When we are obedient, the Lord immediately blesses us (in His timing and way of course though). Sister Smith and I have been so bone tired and spiritually, emotionally, physically, and mentally exhausted the past 3 days... it stinks, but it's not stopping us at all. We are so happy despite it all, and it's kinda scary and awesome!

I sang for an investigator last night impromptu. It was fun! It's the last stretch. I'm using every second and making every single one effective. It's a glorious feeling! I have no regrets. But what makes it all truly worth it, is seeing my brothers and sisters come unto Christ and the joy that they experience from it. That is the ultimate reward for all that's happened.

The stories above tell it all.

My Ponderizer this week is Alma 31:5, and this quote goes along with it: "True doctrine, understood, changes attitudes and behavior. The study of the doctrines of the gospel will improve behavior quicker than a study of behavior will improve behavior." –President Boyd K. Packer
This quote is from Preach My Gospel. It is so true! That is what has happened to me over the past 2 years. Thru Jesus Christ we are cleansed from sin, we are healed spiritually. And, as we increase in our understanding of the Atonement, we will increase in our desire to share the gospel, because we want others to know the joy which comes from it as well.

Sister Karony-ism for this week is I came up with a new word by accident: Horrocious. Horrific+Atrocious= Horrocious. I was so tired and I mixed the words together when I went to say horrific, but changed it to atrocious half way through saying it.

Classic! 

This letter has been a whopper! I've also loved the emails I've gotten today! Thank you!

Love,

Sister Karony



My Christmas/New Years card​. Sister Smith looks so tired!

My snowman-sea monster! He's beautiful!


The waves and snowman-sea monster are going to capsize and destroy the vessel. No one will survive! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!​

Made neclace. Snowflake was from one I got from a member for Christmas, the beads were from a broken necklace and I had some leather cord. Viola! I can wear this!


Weekly planning kills your brain cells!​


My brain is tired!


I looked super cute! By accident too!


My District this past transfer! Only Elder Flamm is being transferred away from this group. He's the red head Elder.

No comments:

Post a Comment