Sunday, January 5, 2014

Week 3_Hermiston (South), Meadows Ward, OREGON!!!_Sister Karony

Dear Family!
Mom, 1 Corintheans 1:25!
It's been a while, hasn't it! I loved all your letters! It's wonderful to know I'm not the only one noticing the change in myself! It was sad saying good byes to Elder Tinker, nope, Aguirre, & Martin, but we're all writing each other so it won't be too bad!
My companion is Sister Simmons from SLC! She's awesome! We've not done a lot this past week because it was busy with training and getting me moved in, but we've been out and about every day! Our ward has a LOT of less actives. We've got 4 baptisms this Saturday, but only 2 are convert baptisms, and those are for Taylor and Alexis Skinner. They're so awesome! So, yea, it's not baptisms for my investigator, but it's wonderful to have the opportunity to be a part of one. 
So, yea. I'm in Hermiston, OR, right now. And yes, I'm in OREGON! And, again, yes, that's still in my Mission. "Home of the World's BEST Watermelon". Lots of farmland and stuff! My companion and trainer, Sister Simmons, has been here since she came out into the field, so 5 months in the same area! We live in the basement of the Blackburn family, Bishop Blackburn is the Bishop of our ward, the Meadows Ward. They're AWESOME! Their 7 children and 31 grandchildren are coming here for Christmas, so the next week or two are gonna be CHAOTIC!!! And most of them will be sleeping in the basement with us (but we have our own room down there)... I absolutely love sleep deprivation!
So I'll be writing you more letters later, so I'm not going to write a ton in this one.
I've got presents for my sibs though, don't worry! And Mom and Dad, I'm working on ya'll's'!
It's been crazy for my head this past week. I got inspired to set out goal for today that we'll find 2 new investigators, and It's freaking me out!
I'm really tired... Waking up at 6:30 is HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But, I'm still doing it, and I'm striving for and acting with exact obedience. The field is very different than the MTC, you have even LESS time to do stuff, and it's with normal people! Our area is pretty impoverished, but things are really nice and simple. They've got a $ store where EVERYTHING is ACTUALLY $1!!! SWEET! we get fed a lot here too, (thanks mom and dad for all the good karma!)

I gotta jet now! Will write more later! this next one will be more spiritual. Ran out of time!
Loves to all!



Sister Lisl Karony

No comments:

Post a Comment