Monday, January 20, 2014

Blog Letter_Hermiston_Week 5_Sister Karony Jan 14

Heyo!
So this week was kinda slow, for some reason, but we've trucked through it. My trainer is awesome! I'm learning so much everyday! We've had some interesting experiences lately, like we've actually gotten a lot of new investigators via our phone. Phones rock! Tracting is by foot and phone. Now, we don't just call every number in the phone book, we just look through our contacts and call whoever stands out to us. Everything a missionary does is guided by the Spirit. We do random scripture searching and end up with a verse that the person we're teaching desperately needed to hear. It's awesome!
We went to the Temple today, so our P-day was switched to Tuesday and that's the reason this letter is a day late. I got to do work in the Temple for one of my Russian ancestors and it was a wonderfully spiritual experience. I am so grateful the gospel and the joy and peace it brings. We are all God's children and he loves and knows all of us individually and perfectly. I bear testimony to that. I am so blessed as he guides our paths to His children that are prepared by Him for our message and the miracles that occur daily. The ward here finally trusts me and our work is increasing by the day. We're pacing ourselves and prospering.
Read Phil. 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
It got me through our slow weeks and it's inspiring. It's also my birthday scripture (4/13). Read the whole chapter as well, and also the whole chapter of 1 cor. 1. (Synopsis:True Saints are perfectly united in the same mind and in the same judgment—Preach the gospel and save souls—The gospel is preached by the weak and the simple.) Both have helped me a lot.
This month's ensign is so wonderful. We were so excited to get it and the talks in there are exactly what we needed to teach to a few of our investigators this week. Blessings and answers to our prayers continue!
This is pretty much all I have for this week, but we've got a lot planned for this one, so look forward to some stories for the next letter!
I love and miss you all! Again, I may not get enough time to write back to those of you who write me, but keep doing it, I'll try harder to reply, though it may be late. All that you send me supports me when it gets rough. Thank you all!
Read your scriptures and pray often, and I promise you that the Lord will give you the strength to carry. This I testify to all of you, in Christ's name, Amen.

Love,

Sister Karony

No comments:

Post a Comment