Monday, October 26, 2015

Letter_Week 37_Sister Karony_Mission Ridge

I am now serving in Mission Ridge and my companion is Sister Ring. It's awesome-sauce up here!

This has been a crazy week! From being doubled out, to driving after 6 weeks of walking, to being sick this entire time, to realizing that I'm Sister Ring's 2nd companion, and am therefore "busting" her. But, funny thing is, I'm actually excited about all this! It's definitely been an adventure and I LOVE adventures! With God everything is possible!

I will never give up!

I have felt like time is slipping away far too fast for me to grasp it and do what needs to be done. I am struggling a bit with realizing that I only have 3 transfers left now, and enjoying my time left by working my butt off. This is the last stretch!

We totally triumphed with how we conducted ourselves when we ate dinner with our stake president this past week. It was spiritual and professional, and edifying for all of us. I was so happy we managed to leave a good impression, because this was the first time that Sister Ring said we'd eaten there in the 5 months she's been in Mission Ridge. So, score! Thank you Heavenly Father that we didn't bungle that one up! 
We also triumphed today in getting myself all unpacked and almost completely organized, even with a late start to laundry. We live in an apartment complex where everyone shares a laundry room that has 4 dryers and 4 washers, and one washer is broken. So we didn't get that done until later because all the working ones were already being used. But, all we have left to do now is finishing emailing and go grocery shopping. Booyah!

Our apartment has a haunted storage closet!!!!! I thought this was a bunch of baloney until I heard the sound of human finger nails scratching down the inside of the storage closet for 20 minuets 4 nights ago, and then again each night after that. We don't have mice or rats, that we know for sure... and it wasn't noise that we typically hear from the neighbors. I didn't fall asleep until 2 am the first 2 nights when this happened, I was so scared! We had the Elders come over and rededicate out apartment yesterday. Sister Ring says this has been the second time they've done this in the 5 months she's been living there...... So, there's my fun Halloween story for ya'll's! We have cleaned up the apartment also to help combat having any unwelcome guests, because the Lord's house is a house of order, and until today it was not very orderly. We hope whatever was there is gone now, but I'll let you know if it doesn't stay that way... Do you think holy water and salt would help? jk! We even let President Lewis know, but I doubt he'll move us out, unless it goes all "poltergeist" like it did one time for some Sisters living in a trailer in Warden, WA. So, we will press on!

My Ponderizer for this week is 2 Nehi 4:31-32, "O Lord, wilt thou redeem my soul? Wilt thou deliver me out of the hands of mine enemies? Wilt thou make me that I may shake at the appearance of sin?... May the gates of hell be shut continually before me, because that my heart is broken and my spirit is contrite! O Lord, wilt thou not shut the gates of thy righteousness before me, that I may walk in the path of the low valley, that I may be strict in the plain road!"

I prayed before and after I got to Mission Ridge to know from Heavenly Father if there was someone here that I am supposed to teach. I've gotten the answer a few times now, in different subtle ways, that "yes" there is someone here that He has sent me to help. Now I need to go and do as He commands. I'm excited about it and about being in a new area! My testimony in God answering prayers has been strengthened.

Love,
Sister Karony

Temporary reunion with our car for the drive to the transfer site in Quincy​, WA. I miss this awesome Sister! But, it's ok, because I know she's rockin it up in Oroville!




Sister Ring and I! New companion is awesome! And now I'm back to being the taller companion. Hahahaha!


The dream Sister and Hermana fourpan! I will miss my time in Moses Lake with such awesome ladies! They are the bomb.com! 


No comments:

Post a Comment