Sunday, November 8, 2015

Letter_Week 38_Sister Karony_Mission Ridge

I have finally recovered from being sick, and now my companion is. It stinks. But, she's a trooper and we still did work and now we're getting in motion the things that will help her get better.

We had an awesome trunk or treat this week. There was lots of chili and corn bread. They even had ghost pepper chili, which tasted amazing, but still wasn't spicy enough. I've eaten ghost peppers before, and this chili barely had any! So, I disappointed on that front, but it still was delicious!

Our Ward is combined with the Spanish Ward, so our youth and primary are combined, and on fast Sundays, like yesterday, our sacrament meetings are combined as well. They have only been doing this since August, so they are still getting used to translation in fast and testimony meetings. It was awesome though, whether they forgot to pause so the Elder could translate, or they were little kids who were so weirded out by the translating thing but still had the courage to go up and bear their testimonies. It didn't matter, English or Spanish, you could feel the Spirit so strongly! The Holy Ghost taught all of us in that meeting. We even went over half an hour! It was worth it though! Relief Society was awesome to though! An awesome Sister that we've gotten to know a lot these past 2 weeks, gave the lesson. She used President Monson's talk "Be an Example and a Light". She focused a lot on being an example in word and in conversation. We ended up talking about how that not only do we need to be more aware of what we say in our families, but how we also need to be like that in our Ward family. Do we build up each other, or do we gossip and criticize? Do we help or hurt? We can definitely choose to not be or to be offended by someone, and we can choose to not offend. We talked about goals of how we ought not to judge and ought to love everyone. I really liked that part of the lesson, because it would be difficult to remain active when people at church are among those who bully and demean and judge you wrongly. It reminded me how important it is to make sure that your testimony is rooted in the Doctrine of Christ, in Our Redeemer, and in Scriptures and the Book of Mormon; rather than in the people at church. People aren't perfect, and that's why we go to church. We need to be patient with ourselves as we strive to change and give people the same courtesy as well as they are on their own journey. This really was an awesome lesson!

We have had a challenging week. I cannot express enough how awesome Sister Ring has been, despite being sick. We still managed to find 2 new investigators this past week, and we received quite a few referrals that we are excited to contact this week! YAY! I also did the assessment with Sister Ring last night that's in the Adjusting to Missionary Life Booklet, and I cannot tell you even a part of how awesome I felt after that. As we went thru all of it, the Holy Ghost witnessed to me all of the things I AM doing right. This has been a struggle for me lately, that is, recognizing what I'm doing right, and balancing between being too hard on myself and seeking for healthy improvement. I've had a hard time getting back into the regular swing of things after having been sick for 2 weeks that totally whacked my schedule, but these past few days I've battled and have won it back!

My testimony has been strengthened in the fact that the Holy Ghost is the true Teacher. He will teach you and show you what to do and will give you peace, comfort and hope. I have found for me it is so important to be obedient and to listen to His still, small voice. My happiness truly does come when I do that!

My "Ponderizer" this week is Alma 37:36-37, "Yea, and cry unto God for all thy support; yea, let all thy doings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord; yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever.

Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day"

Your Sister Karony-ism for this week is my new Assassin's Creed Connor costume, and I made a video on Halloween of me responding to a cry for help. I had my super man shirt with a cap on under one of my button shirts and proceeded to Superman in response to the cry for aid! I looked a little too happy about someone calling for help though, hehehe! The video is still too big to send, but maybe I'll figure something out, cuz it's dorky funny!

Love,

Sister Karony

Our gorgeous view outside today! You can even see snow already at the ski resort! And yes, the ski resort is in our area! Score! Even though we can't do winter sports, it's still super cool.



It's our family picture! Even managed to get Ducky in there! They didn't have brave, so I made Braden Ariel, which still fits as we all know. Besides, he had that Ariel fan-girl at the Disney princess dinner we did that one time. So funny! 




I FOUND MY DREAM COSTUME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!So excited about next year's Halloween!!! I am such a nerd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment