Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Letter Week_39_Sister Karony_Mission Ridge

I  cried when I read your emails about Eric passing. I'm going to miss that young man! I'm so glad I got to see him that time we went to see them and hung out and ate Cafe Rio before my mission. Thank you for telling me and please tell the D'Andrea family how much I love them, that they're in my prayers. I remember playing GameCube with Eric and Dylan. What fun times we all had together! This has strengthened my testimony of why I'm out here serving my my mission.  I so desperately want to be there myself and hug them and say they will see Eric again, to tell them about the plan of salvation, eternal families, that he is being taken care of. But I'm not, but please give them my love. I'm grateful that I'll be able to be there when he is laid to rest in the Arlington Cemetery. 

Luka! I love you! I'm so happy you figured out why we serve missions. That really is the whole point, to leave our families for a little while so that other families can become eternal ones too. And, not only do we do this while serving as full time missionaries, but you can start now! You are a member missionary and you have a large sphere of influence and can show so many of your friends the gate to eternal life and joy with their families. You are also a priesthood holder, and that is a gift.

This week was still rough around the edges due to Sister Ring being incapacitated, but we improved a ton compared to the week before. We made sure that when we got out this week, that we worked extra hard with all the time that we had. 

I triumphed this week when I managed to contribute while on exchanges to a Spanish speaking investigator. I said "don't give up" in Spanish when the spirit prompted me to in the lesson and when I did the Spirit just flooded the room and the investigator agreed. I understood what was being taught and talked about in that lesson, even though I don't speak Spanish, partly because I'm used to being around people who speak a language I don't understand and can figure out what's being said by body language and the context of the conversation, but mostly it was the gift of tongues. God needed me to say something in that lesson, so He had prepared me months earlier by giving me Hermana Williams as a companion, and she loved saying that phrase in Spanish. I even read out of "del Libro de Mormon" in 3 Nephi 11. Hermana Cain was super surprised and said I did a very good job reading and saying things correctly, for not knowing how to at all. Thank you Opera training that tuned my ear to imitate languages and sounds! It was definitely The Holy Ghost and the gift of tongues that got me through this though! Without God, I am nothing.

Sister Karony-ism for this week: We had exchanges this week and it was awesome! We had an encounter with a giant spider when I was with Hermana Cain in their area. It was on the floor in their kitchen. Hermana Cain saw it crawl by my foot and stop moving as I was making my breakfast. She calming but firmly told me to back up and I obeyed, thinking, "It's a spider".  And it was! We named him Fluffy. He didn't move when we sprayed him, and when we came back to lunch he still hadn't moved. Thankfully from that we knew he was dead, but I wasn't squishing him, cuz that'd be messy, cuz Fluffy was huge! So, we made lunch around him, but I forgot for a second when I went to put my bread in the toaster oven. I stepped down, we heard a crunch (I was wearing my shoes, thank heavens!), and as I stepped down with my other foot and lifted the other one to put it down again, I froze. I looked down and said, "Where's Fluffy?!?!?!" I took my boot off and had to wipe the grossness off. UHHHHHGGGGGGG!!!!! EEEEWWWWW!!!! That's the tail of Fluffy.

My ponderizer this week is: Alma 37:44-45 "For behold, it is as easy to give heed to the word of Christ, which will point to you a straight course to eternal bliss, as it was for our fathers to give heed to this compass, which would point unto them a straight course to the promised land.

And now I say, is there not a type in this thing? For just as surely as this director did bring our fathers, by following its course, to the promised land, shall the words of Christ, if we follow their course, carry us beyond this vale of sorrow into a far better land of promise." What an awesome promise. Let's follow the words of Christ ya'll's!!!!


Love,
Sister Karony



The sun is literally shining ​down upon our area! *It is the Promised Land!!!!!!* (*said in deep gravely voice*)




Puzzle signed by a lot of Sisters and Hermanas that I know. Like where I signed it? HEHEHEHEHEHE!!!!!!!!!!
I'll have a picture with me and Fluffy next week! It's Hermana Cain's camera because my died right after taking the cat puzzle picture... LAME!!! Dumb batteries!

No comments:

Post a Comment