Monday, April 14, 2014

Letter_Week 18_Othello_Sister Karony

FAMILIA!!!!!! 

So! "Because of Him" Easter Initiative! 

http://easter.mormon.org/ 

Go and read and share on all social media sites! The church is seriously upping its game on online missionary work! Sister smith and I told everyone about it yesterday after finding out about it during a correlation meeting and ended up teaching a bunch of the older members how to share links and do hash-tags yesterday, so that they could take part in this movement. This is the link to the news article, read it! The church bought the main youtube banner video for all of easter Sunday!

http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/becauseofhim-church-easter-initiative-focused-on-jesus-christ 

Mom, could you go onto my facebook and share this site and the video on it with "#Becauseofhim" at the end of the posts? Like the mormon.org page for me too! Also accept all the friend requests I've received and check my notifications so that I don't have a bazillion. :) Do this for yourself too! MISSIONARY WORK IS AWESOMENESS!!!! Also, send me more pics of the family as attachments! That way I can print them out or put them on my camera! You get tons of pictures from me, cuz I know it helps you feel not so far away. Now it's my turn :P 

So yea, my 20th birthday was AWESOME!!! Got a package form Sister Fletcher, and one from ya'll's with the cards and chocolate! Loved the hamster card! Sister Smith was seriously plotting my death after the first 20 times I opened it! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Sister Smith even got up super early and made me french toast for breakfast and the people we're living with put up decorations for me, and had a present of socks, Twix, piece of cake, and awesome sticky notes! People found out it was my birthday and sang to me left and right at church! The members who fed us that night even made me a cake! YUM!!! I've been sharing my goodies with her and Elders Hansen and Smith, because I refuse to be the only fat and happy missionary! I LOVE SHARING!!!! :P  I also got my ukulele case! I totally flipped out happy when I saw that! I'm so excited! Sister Smith LOVES doing jam sessions, and I'm getting a dream come true!

Also Elder Hansen and Elder Smith have taken knitting like pros, and we've started crocheting! We all learned how to from a Sister we visit in an old folks home. We even played bingo with all the old ladies! The movies are more fact than fiction! They do take Bingo SUPER seriously. Luckily they're all too old to do much else than grumble. Hehehehe! I LOVE OLD PEOPLE!!! They get away with everything!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

If my letter is slightly random and all over, it's because I am so dead tired and have been fighting a battle all day to not fall back asleep! So far I'm winning! GO ME!!! I love my Zone here, they're awesome! The AP's for our mission are also in my Zone... luckily our AP's are awesome! Love Elder Barham and Hornberger!

Transfer calls are this Saturday, so there's a chance again that I may move again! Fun stuff! You never know what's gonna happen! So this week if you send anything that's gonna take more than 3 days to get to me after Wednesday, send it to the mission office address. That way I'll get it.

.... The Elders are playing Mixteco music right now... it's sounds like they're speaking an Asian language, but it's just a middle of nowhere village language they speak in Mexico, and they have an entire community here. Elders Hansen and Smith are Spanish speaking, but they're learning Mixteco so that they can actually teach the people here. Othello is like 85% Hispanic, it's amazing! Now we're listening to Spanish christian pop! Love it! I've been converted!

.... now back to where I left off my train of thought! 

I'm sure that I've mentioned this before, but I feel like mentioning it again. I've changed SO MUCH in this past transfer (6 weeks) it's ridiculous. President Ware and I talked all about it this past Tuesday when we had interviews with him and Sister Ware. He said that Sister Smith and I are doing something awesome, because he has people calling him to say how well we're doing. It's so humbling and wonderful to hear that you're hard work is paying off and being noticed, but I don't take any credit other than the fact that I'm doing my best and allowing the Lord to guide and shape me in all things. It's only Because of Him that I'm able to do all of this. I feel so much like Ammon, for "I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy. And behold, when I see many of my brethren truly penitent, and coming to the Lord their God, then is my soul filled with joy; then do I remember what the Lord has done for me, yea, even that he hath heard my prayer; yea, then do I remember his merciful arm which he extended towards me". As you watch the testimony of someone else get planted and grow, it strengthens and adds to your own. All of it witnesses to you of the truth of His Gospel and of the Atonement as it applies to yourself. 

I feel so happy being here! My joy is overwhelming! Even with rejections, it just makes it even special when our message is accepted. I can't and won't give up no matter how hard it is to do. The scripture that comes to mind for this right now is, "And thus we see the great call of diligence of men to labor in the vineyards of the Lord; and thus we see the great reason of sorrow, and also of rejoicing—sorrow because of death and destruction among men, and joy because of the light of Christ unto life". I just get so pumped being out here!!!! I've been having to curd my Ammon/Captain Moroni tendencies with Shiblom, who was told by his father Alma to, "Now go... and teach the word unto this people. Be sober".

.... Yes, I'm actually letting show my love of relating/likening EVERYTHING back to some gospel principle or the scriptures in this letter! Sister Smith thinks it hilarious that I do this naturally. It's not my fault that I can't help nerding-out over it all! I’m FanGirling the Scriptures!!!

Thank you for all the prayers you send my way! It all helps me get through everything difficult knowing that I have so much support from back home. You all rock!

I love ya'll's! 

Quiero verte mas!

Love,

Sister Karony

No comments:

Post a Comment