Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Letter_Week 32_Sister Karony_Moses Lake

We got our first media contact this week! 1st one I've gotten on my mission, ever! Wahoo! They do exist! :P

-I WILL NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This week we learned so much about the Atonement and how it is in the small things that the Lord works His powerful hand, like when we read our scriptures, pray, strive to be exactly obedient, and act in faith. My faith and trust in God and His plan for me has increased and been strengthened exponentially. The Lord truly IS in the details of our lives. I'm grateful for His love and mercy. 
I stopped and said a silent prayer in my heart for peace and the Spirit each time we opened our mouths this week. Every time I did this, I felt the power of God and I was able to act and speak fearlessly, leaving my mind clear. Acting in faith, whilst remembering to rely on Christ, is where true strength comes from. The Lord is pleased with us with all our imperfections as we strive our best to improve, even if all we can do is crawl forward. Obedience protects me from the adversary and feeds my spirit and brings me closer t0 Christ and our Heavenly Father.

-My favorite Scripture this week is Ether 3:2-5: 
"2 O Lord, thou hast said that we must be encompassed about by the floods. Now behold, O Lord, and do not be angry with thy servant because of his weakness before thee; for we know that thou art holy and dwellest in the heavens, and that we are unworthy before thee; because of the fall our natures have become evil continually; nevertheless, O Lord, thou hast given us a commandment that we must call upon thee, that from thee we may receive according to our desires.
  
3 Behold, O Lord, thou hast smitten us because of our iniquity, and hast driven us forth, and for these many years we have been in the wilderness; nevertheless, thou hast been merciful unto us. O Lord, look upon me in pity, and turn away thine anger from this thy people, and suffer not that they shall go forth across this raging deep in darkness; but behold these things which I have molten out of the rock.
  
4 And I know, O Lord, that thou hast all power, and can do whatsoever thou wilt for the benefit of man; therefore touch these stones, O Lord, with thy finger, and prepare them that they may shine forth in darkness; and they shall shine forth unto us in the vessels which we have prepared, that we may have light while we shall cross the sea. 
 5 Behold, O Lord, thou canst do this. We know that thou art able to show forth great power, which looks small unto the understanding of men."

I am grateful for the restored Gospel, the Doctrine of Christ, the Atonement, Modern Prophets and Apostles, the Restoration, the Book of Mormon, and most of all the Godhead. We are NEVER alone!


Love,
Sister Karony

Found a waterfall!


Sister Crofts made paracord bracelets for all the missionaries in our zone. Thank you Mom for being a photographer, cuz watching you is where I got this idea for this picture. Though the blanket was all we had for a backdrop. Don't be jealous of my awesomeness! :P



"​No bows, arrows, or other weapons."... hahahahahahahaha! ​I love WA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment