Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Letter_Week 31_Moses Lake_Sister Karony

Dear Friends and Family,

This week has been hard! But I KNOW that He is keeping His promises, and that sometimes I am forgetful and am constantly having to remind myself of these things. One thing I have learned this week is that sin and weakness are NOT the same thing. It is not a sin to be weak; and weakness, when accompanied by humility and faith, is exactly what leads us back to God! I'm thinking about it more as I'm writing this letter, so I need to be patient, lose myself, and keep up the work with new fire and vigor and passion. "Do or do not, there is no try." the words of the wise Yoda are true 😸.
I also got stung by a wasp 3 days ago, and it still itches! It hurts! We were walking to an appointment, minding our own business, when suddenly "OUCH!!!!!", and the rest is a sore arm and an itchy history... But yes, we are now in a walking area!

Besides all this, we have an awesome 10 year old who is on date for the 26th of this month, and she is truly an example of wearing her testimony on her sleeve. I love teaching her, as it has been a privilege to be apart of this process of seeing her grow in the gospel, and has been a great opportunity to practice teaching the simple truths. I'm getting better at it and I'm striving to apply teaching this way to everyone we teach and meet; because they are all children in the gospel. 

God is great. If there is one thing I will NEVER do, and have always been bad at doing, it's giving up.

My testimony has grown immensely in the power of the Atonement. But this past Sacrament meeting I was really determined to make it a sacred and meaningful experience. I can't remember anymore, but Sister Crofts and I learned that it is by taking the sacred emblems of the Sacrament that we each personally get the chance to feel the prints in His hands and wrists and feet, and to thrust our hands into His side, and to hug Him and kiss His feet. Just like those He showed Himself to after His resurrection, and before, this is how He can come to us one by one for us to get to know Him personally and powerfully. So, I approached it with this mindset and the experience I had was one that brought tears to my eyes as I read along in Moroni with the prayers to bless the bread and water and prayed to my Heavenly Father to be forgiven for my sins. The peace that came was peace I've been searching for and one that I've only experienced in the temple so far. 

My favorite scripture this week is Alma 31:34-35

My mission has a logo now: It's an apple tree. It's very symbolic in regards to the area of our mission, but especially to the Harvest we have all been called to reap. Our version of the mission newsletter is called "By Their Fruits". Our mission scripture is John 15:16, the closest thing to a charge that Jesus Christ gives to His Apostles, and now it's His charge to us. Elder Packer talked a lot about this scripture and the importance of it's charge when he came to meet with us. It has a lot of meaning for us all for that reason and also because it was the point of our first mission wide spiritual experience together.  Pretty cool! We are the pioneers of this new mission, and we are setting the tone and culture of this new mission. How sacred a trust the Lord has put in us all. How humbling and reassuring that is!

I love and miss you all, but I know I'm where I belong. Keep doing awesome! Have weekly FHE!!!  
Happy 24th Anniversary Mom & Dad, and Happy Birthday Alex! 17! Whoot! 
Congrats Braden on completing boot camp!

Onwards and upwards!

Love,
Sister Karony
All the Merrell's and Snickers the dog, and me! I've loved living on the farm! 

Yoda the Kitten and Me 

Yoda the Kitten and Sister Crofts​
Mary Merrell  and us! We lived with her for this last transfer! 
Marlo and Carol Merrell and us! He was our ward mission leader. Hope he's enjoying the Elders now in their ward! We miss all of these people!


 Our welcome and information sticky notes for the Elders taking our our rural ward and our car.

Chloe the pug-chihuahua sleeps weirdly...













A cute welcome to our new home with our ward's bishop! Love this family!
Hehehe...... Luckily they have a GPS they brought. There are no maps that actually cover the boundries of their entire ward :P
Yoda the kitten! So cute!!!


 Pig with a gas mask.... are you my mummy? (Doctor Who episode)


No comments:

Post a Comment